Kavall is creating the next generation of online grocery shopping, delivering fresh food in 10 minutes from our own so-called dark stores. Since being founded in 2021, we’ve secured investments and expanded to multiple stores and countries across the Nordics.
Our tech team builds the Kavall grocery shopping mobile app (Dart/Flutter) for iOS and Android, as well as the backend (TypeScript/Node.js) and logistics integrations needed for our stores and delivery experience.
Having scaled up the business and tech, a key objective for us this year is to focus on the end-user experience in the mobile app. We want to make it easier for our customers to find what they need, for example with better search and browse, personalized product recommendations, easily cooked meals, real-time inventory updates, and more.
We’re now looking for a passionate Senior Mobile Engineer to help bring new ideas to life, and to take part of an exciting startup journey that has only just begun.
- Working with Product, Design and Tech to take projects from idea to frontend code
- Help us decide when to build stuff ourselves, when to buy a 3rd party solution, and when to pull the brakes to avoid unnecessary complexity
- As one of few engineers at a small startup, we expect you to be able to focus on your area of expertise, but also be interested in learning from or teaching others in the team across the stack
- Integrate with our backends (Firebase functions, Stripe, analytics, etc), CI/CD, and Google Cloud Platform
- 3+ years professional experience as a Mobile Engineer - should have released commercial mobile apps before
- 1+ years of experience with Dart and Flutter
- BSc in Computer Science / similar program, or equivalent work experience
- Strong software engineering fundamentals; coding best practices, OOP principles and experience working with Android/iOS
- Fluent in English
- We want you to live in Sweden or Norway
What you can expect from us:
- Solving interesting, novel problems in a new domain, with high ambitions
- An international, friendly, remote-first tech team, many having worked together at a previous foodtech startup, Northfork, and Spotify
- Competitive salary, vacation and benefits