We are Kavall & we give you fresh groceries on-demand. Delivering groceries in 10 minutes was up until recently unimaginable, but we believe that is how it should be, giving you what you want when you need it. By offering food of the highest quality from the producers you love, we transform the grocery industry through our own local stores, one at a time.
Since being founded in April 2021, we’ve secured investments and expanded to multiple stores and countries, for lightning-fast hyper-local delivery across the Nordics.
Our tech team builds the Kavall grocery shopping mobile app, as well as the backend and logistics integrations needed for our warehouses and delivery service. Data is at the core of what we do, from managing product information, recommending recipes to our users, to sending an order to one of our Riders.
We’re now looking for a Data Scientist to help us analyse and make sense of the wealth of data from all our systems; user behaviour, operational efficiency and business metrics. We will also need your help modelling and improving advanced end-user features (with or without third-party services) for search, recommendations, delivery estimates, etc.
Today, we use Dbt, Google Data Studio, BigQuery, Amplitude for analytics. We've built our main backend in Node.js/TypeScript with Firestore and MySQL. We're constantly evolving and would love your help choosing the best tools for the job at hand.
- 2+ years professional experience as a Data Scientist
- BSc in Computer Science / similar program, or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of analytics and relational databases
- Good communication skills; able to talk to non-technical business stakeholders as well as participate in tech discussions with the tech team
- Experience with data visualisations and dashboards with Google Data Studio, Tableau, or other relevant tools
- Speaks Swedish and English fluently
- Experience in mathematics and machine learning, e.g. forecasting
- Experience from e-commerce or the food retail industry
- Familiar with cloud services and operations, in particular Google Cloud Platform and managed data pipelines, e.g. Google Dataflow