We are Kavall & we give you fresh groceries on-demand. Delivering groceries in 10 minutes was up until recently unimaginable, but we believe that is how it should be, giving you what you want when you need it. By offering food of the highest quality from the producers you love, we transform the grocery industry through our own local stores, one at a time.
Since being founded in April 2021, we’ve secured investments and expanded to multiple stores, for lightning-fast hyper-local delivery across the Nordics.
We’re now looking for Kavall’s first Data Engineer to help build our dashboards, datasets and data pipelines, all crucial for our business’ continued explosive growth! You’ll join a multidisciplinary tech team, and act as a contact person to the business operations in need of useful metrics.
Today, we use Google Data Studio, BigQuery and Google Sheets for analytics, with data originally coming from our Node.js/TypeScript functions running on Firebase/GCP. We are also integrated with a number of third-party service providers, where we hope to extract more interesting metrics.
You’ll be the go-to person for our dashboards and datasets, and naturally dip your toes wherever needed in our backend services, databases and integrations in order to extract useful data.
- Good communication skills; able to talk to non-technical business stakeholders as well as participate in tech discussions with the tech team
- Data visualisation interest and curiosity; take ownership of our dashboards in Google Data Studio, find new opportunities, respond to needs from the business
- Comfortable querying and building new datasets, in particular working with SQL
- Strong software engineering fundamentals and best practices
- Experience with data visualisations and dashboards with Google Data Studio, Tableau, or other relevant tools
- Experience with BigQuery or other relevant analytics databases
- Familiarity with cloud operations, in particular Google Cloud Platform and managed data pipelines, e.g. Google Dataflow